LuxeHunt on Insta and long before that
The LuxeHunt founder loved hunting deals for as long as it can be remembered as it all got initiated in middle school with a 90% off rack of peach and teal turtlenecks at JCPenney’s. Spending innumerable days at Ross, Marshalls, and outlets. It wasn’t until a couple of years ago LuxeHunt took its deal hunting to another level. They began to learn about finding high end designer items, travel, homeware, beauty products, etc. at a fraction of the retail price online. With a lot of years of learning and now all set to share with all of its audience.
Luxehunt initially used to share all their findings and huntings using various social media platforms, mostly Instagram. In no time, it had a huge fan following and today ( at the time of writing this story ) it has 72,000+ followers. More and more brands started appearing with great deals and there was a point where instagram started feeling “limited.”
Why was Instagram not enough for LuxeHunt’s business requirements?
Although we are in a world where social media is the goto platform to connect between influencers and their audience, the web applications are much more relevant in 2020. In the digital age, having an online presence is essential, but does that mean social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn are enough for your brand?
The answer is a big NO
LuxeHunt knew this right from the get-co and always wanted to start their own web application. They realized they were probably more of a deal hunter then an influencer as they were posting really great deals on a daily basis. They decided to take the leap and get a web application created which would be a Deal Hunting Service which allows them to share all the deals they find with everyone. They also decided that they would not only include luxury goods but other deals as well!
Whether it's a business owner, a personal trainer, a small gym owner, a blogger or a photographer, if there is one thing that is firmly needed, it’s a web application. Let’s analyze and find out why entrepreneurs like LuxeHunt still need a web application domain in 2020.
The cons of NOT having a web application of your own and depending completely on social media platforms
- Mandatory daily monitoring is required or else you will miss out on opportunities since the audience expects quick responses.
- If you don’t spend enough time engaging with your audience, you will lose their loyalty.
- Negative feedback displayed for everyone to see.
- Difficult to stand out (highly competitive).
- You have to follow their design layout. Unlike a web application where you have a lot more flexibility.
- Lack of control since there is no stopping someone from sharing your page in a negative light.
- The capability to perform complete analytics is a lot less on social media vs on your domain.
- It’s expensive as without a social media advertising budget, it is difficult to serve your target audience.
- It’s not yours and with social media comes a lack of ownership. The platform controls the content you publish through its terms and conditions.
- Social media platforms like Instagram are highly limited when it comes to desktop view
- Limited to number of posts per day (not more than 100) ,
- Risk of getting thrown out (or throttled) any day from social media platforms.
The PROs of having your own web application?
- Having a web application allows you to take full control over your brand because you are the owner.
- How it appears and what it says is completely up to you
- A website is more stable and less likely to disappear without any notice.
- Having a website shows people that you are a serious and portrays professional presence.
- A website is a one-stop-shop to showcase you brand in whatever way you choose
- Having a web application provides you security and certainty when it comes to your brand. There are no applied conditions you need to follow, nor do you have to stress yourself about it shutting down. As long as you pay for it, it will be there.
- Having your own domain allows you the opportunity to rank higher in search engines with specific keywords that relate to your product and services.
- Social media influencers who have websites are more successful and achieve their goals more quickly.
- A domain is best suited for referrals as your existing clients/customers can refer your business to their friends and family with a single link.
- There is no doubt that having your web application makes you more credible, building trust rapidly between your brand and audience by establishing a strong online brand identity
- Considering your content as strong and original and you have other sites linking to you.
- The search engines will find your site as relevant and decent source of information boosting your SEO rankings
- A web application allows in-depth analysis and reporting such as tracking all activities on your site; where your visitors come from, how long they stayed on your page, how many people visited, how they found you and how many people contacted or emailed you.
- And finally the best part, it’s cost effective. Considering what you will get in return; a web application developed is often a one time fee and then you’ll have a place for your brand, forever.